Pages

header2

Image Map

adsense

Friday, May 23, 2014

Serger Setting Cheat Sheet


I love the internet!  I posted on Facebook to ask the question if there was a quick settings guide for my serger (it seems like I'm always spending more time getting the tension right then actually using the machine!)

Most responses were that you need to make one yourself. (Booooo!)  But I did find some helpful posts of other bloggers that have the same model and listed their settings.  I included the settings and their blog posts on the downloadable and printable chart but you may find that your machine works better at a different tension setting.



(They are the same....after I made the pretty one I thought maybe people wouldn't want to waste their ink for all the dark gray space!)

There's a ton of information out there - my sheet does not give all the details on your machine since my goal was just to have a quick guide available.  Honestly, sometimes I feel information overload when I start to read about everything my machine can do! LOL!  I just want a pretty finished edge on my garments but maybe one day I can do all the fun bells and whistles!

Hope you find it useful!

Sewing Mama RaeAnna Blog





9 comments:

  1. Perfect starting point. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I love this serger. Have had it for years. One day it will get used to its potential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect starting point. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I love this serger. Have had it for years. One day it will get used to its potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't buy a serger until I was almost ready to retire. Then spent my savings on a Babylock - you never need to adjust the tension, it does it automatically. It also has a patented jet-stream self threading system which is an absolute dream. Yes it was expensive but it is a good, solid machine that I will have until I go to the grave - and I'm not doing that anytime soon! :) Love your site, RaeAnna thanks for all that you share. Renee J, Melbourne Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a serger (yet) but I've been reading the reviews on Amazon for your model and the next one up. I didn't want to spend a fortune on a machine that I might only use occasionally so this Brother looks like it might just be the ticket. Do you have a dedicated post to this machine that I might read for its pros and cons or if you would choose another machine what would it be? Any tips for someone as far as supplies needed or additional feet to use? Does a serger use bobbins like a sewing machine does?
    I have downloaded your guide to review and get familiar with it for the future. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cheat sheet, RaeAnna! Although I am surprised by some of the knit settings! I'll have to test these out the next time I sew with knit and see if I notice a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! You are awesome!! Just made my life a whole lot easier!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...