Pages

header2

Image Map

adsense

Sunday, December 15, 2013

monogrammed boot socks





I love projects that go from idea to completion in an hour or so!!!  I seriously whipped these up in no time tonight and wanted to share with you now to go along with an announcement at the end of the post!

Here's how to make a cute pair of lace trimmed boot socks in a flash.....

First, raid your closet for a sweater and some lace (I rarely wear these so it wasn't hard for me to cut them up!  You could go to Goodwill or a thrift store if you don't want to play Frankenstein with any of your clothes!)

 

Second, cut out the strips you need for your boot socks.  I used stretchy sweater material that was 13" wide and 14" tall.  The stretchy lace I used was 15" wide and 4" tall.  And then I cut a little trim off the lace top that is about 11" long. 
 

Fold your lace in half and pin with right sides together to the top of your sweater boot sock.  Sew 3/8" with a zig zag stitch across the raw edge. I stretched my lace as I was sewing so that it would make it easier to go over my calves.
 

Flip up the top trim and now fold the sock with right sides together so the side seam matches.  Sandwich in any little trim you want to peek out of the seam.  Sew the sides together with a straight stitch and turn right sides out.  


 Here you go!!!  Add a monogram or some cute buttons to finish the look!
 

If you follow my blog you know that I loooooove my southern style - monograms are a girl's best friend!


My mom said the only problem with my boot socks is that they have an "R" instead of an "S"...... 
 

I know what she's getting for a stocking stuffer!


As for the announcement, I wanted to let you all know of a fun new series that I'll host the week of January 13th-17th!  I have some great bloggers lined up to showcase some projects and tutorials featuring LACE!!!  And we'll have a link party and Pinterest board as well to share and inspire creations - I hope you'll join us!
 

Follow me on bloglovin or FB to stay up to date!!!


-RaeAnna

You can PIN this graphic (or any others from this post) to add to your DIY Pinterest board!

2 comments:

  1. Those are great! I love the addition of the lace at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the boot socks provide an awesome opportunity to the wholesalers to place an order in different sizes and quantity. https://wholesalesocksbulk.com/wholesale/custom-womens-lace-boot-socks/ 


    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...